The Men’s Club Golf Outing will be Sunday, September 13, starting at 1pm at The Metamora Fields. After a round of golf, we will meet back at St. Mary of Lourdes Hall for dinner and a meeting at approximately 4:45pm. For more information or to sign-up, please call Greg Martin 635-4590, Pete Fandel 339-9185, or Cullen Casey 822-9005.
As we look for new ways to stay connected and pray together, we have transitioned to celebrating the Mass via our parish YouTube channel.
If you are on Facebook, be sure to like our parish page, www.facebook.com/St.MaryLourdes, in order to have the most up to date parish information.
The daily rosary and Mass is also streamed live on our YouTube channel. Click here to subscribe to our channel.
The link for the YouTube live stream of the daily and weekend Masses will also be posted on our Facebook page approximately 15 minutes before the rosary begins.
Our current schedule for daily and weekend Masses and drive through distribution of Holy Communion is:
Monday – Friday: 11:45am Rosary followed by the Mass at Noon
Saturday Vigil: 4:15pm Rosary followed by the Vigil Mass at 4:30pm
Sunday: 7:45am Rosary followed by the Sunday Mass at 8am
10:15am Rosary followed by the Sunday Mass at 10:30am
Drive Through Distribution of Holy Communion (at lower hall entrance):
Saturday evening: 5:30pm – 5:45pm
Sunday morning: 11:30am – 11:45am
We have a few updates regarding the procedures regarding the gradual re-opening of St. Mary of Lourdes. Please carefully read the information below.
WARNING ABOUT RISK ASSUMED BY PARISHIONERS:
While our parish staffs will attempt to take appropriate precautions consistent with the advice of public health authorities, parishioners and guests should understand that they assume the risk of contracting COVID-19 anytime they enter a public space since such precautions do not eliminate the risk of infection.
Please ask these questions before attending Mass and/or parish events:
- Do you have a fever or flu-like symptoms? Have you recently traveled out of the country? Have you been exposed to someone with COVID-19? Those who show signs of risk should not enter the church and should stay at home.
USE OF MASKS:
Masks are to be worn while inside any of our parish facilities. If you do not have a mask, we can provide you with one. If you would choose not to wear one, you unfortunately will not be able to remain inside the parish facilities. This is for your safety and the safety of all of our parishioners, our priests and deacons and our parish staff. Thank you for understanding.
Celebrating the Mass Together
We are excited to announce that we will be able to regather inside the church (parish hall) beginning this weekend, June 6 & 7. As we are in the initial phase of re-opening, we are limited to 25% of the hall capacity – approximately 75 individuals. Thus, we will continue to do online sign ups to assist us in planning for each Mass.
What do you need to know?
- To sign up for a Mass, click here.
- We will be saying the rosary 15 minutes prior to each Mass so please plan accordingly.
- Families will be ushered to where you will be sitting by one member of our usher teams.
- To the best of our abilities, we will be maintaining 6′ social distancing between families.
- Masks are to be worn by everyone except by those assisting on the altar.
- Doors to the hall will be opened a 15 minutes prior to the start of the Rosary (4pm for the 4:30pm Mass, 7:30am for the 8am Mass, 10am for the 10:30am Mass).
- To allow us time to disinfect and reset up for the next Mass, at the end of the Mass, the ushers will dismiss you from your ‘pew’.
CHANGES TO THE CELEBRATION OF MASS
- The faithful are asked to receive Communion in the hand and to carefully avoid any physical contact with the minister’s hand when receiving. (If incidental hand contact occurs, the minister is to use sanitizer before proceeding.)
- Those who do not wish to come forward at Communion are encouraged to remain in place and to make an Act of Spiritual Communion.
- Upon entering the entrances to the hall, you will be greeted by our ushers and be asked to don your masks if you do not already have them on and to also use the hand sanitizer that will be available.
- The ushers will ask your name(s) and then will direct you to where you will be seating.
- At Communion time, ushers will dismiss each row. Please maintain 6′ social distancing between yourself and other families.
- At the conclusion of Mass, the ushers will also dismiss each pew.
- We ask that everyone exit and refrain from socializing inside the building as we will need to immediately begin the cleaning/disinfecting process to be ready for the next Mass.
- Bulletins will be made available after Mass at the exits as you leave.
Sacrament of Confession
The Sacrament of Confession is offered every Saturday from 1-1:30pm. Just pull along side the driver’s side of Fr. Greg’s car while maintaining 6′ social distancing. If a Saturday afternoon does not work, please call the parish office at 309-383-4460 to schedule a time with Fr. Greg. Please note: that when there is a Saturday wedding, there will be no confessions that afternoon.
WHAT DO WE NEED TO KNOW:
The Diocese of Peoria in conjunction with all of the (Arch) Dioceses in Illinois has provided us with directives to follow as we work to reopen our churches.
Please take a few minutes to read through and remember these guidelines. We sincerely thank you in advance and we have longed for this day.
Initial Reopening Guidelines (updated May 28, 2020)